- Fish are a real food treasure due to their high nutritional value, and an integral part of the Mediterranean diet which is considered to be the world’s healthiest diet. According to the food pyramid and studies performed by the Mediterranean Diet Organization EUFIC – The European Food Information Council & Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, it is recommended that fish should be consumed 2-3 times a week.
- The healthyeating.sfgate.com & the NCBI National Center for Biotechnology Information claim that fish is completely compatible with and should be included in a healthy diet because of its low calories and high nutritional value. It is rich in proteins, vitamins A, B and D, minerals and trace elements (Iron, Calcium, Phosphorus, Zinc and Iodine). It is a naturally rich source of Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, known as “good fats”, which cannot be synthesized by the human body, and are essential for its proper function. The results of a study by the Globefish / Food and Agriculture Organization shows that daily consumption of 250 mg of Omega-3s for adults offers optimal protection against diseases and 150 mg ingested by children ensures optimal brain development. (NCBI National Center for Biotechnology Information)
- Sea bass and sea bream are outstanding sources of Omega-3s. The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) argues that sea bass and sea bream raised in aquaculture are a rich source of Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and recommends consuming them twice a week as part of a healthy lifestyle, because they have been proven to help maintain a healthy heart.
Primus Sea bass, Sea bream, Pagro maggiore and Meagre have been proven to be a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids and proteins, thereby contributing to a well-balanced diet. A meal containing 200 gr sea bream apportions more than 2 gr of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Premium feed for Primus fish
The Primus team feeders remain close to the fish on a daily basis, constantly monitoring their behavior and ensuring their proper and healthy development. Feeding of the fish is performed by hand, without any use of mechanical methods.
The feed we use for our fish has been specially designed by the R&D team in cooperation with highly experienced nutritionists from the best fish feed producers.
Primus fish are exclusively fed with certified GMO-free feed, low in fat and rich in vitamins, minerals and trace elements, which add to their great taste and ensure that the fish grow robustly.
To ensure the quality of the feed, Andromeda Group implements a strict control system of 7 levels. The system is based on evaluation criteria applied from the supplier selection and origin of ingredients, right down to inspections during usage.
Selected one by one!
The Primus team carefully selects and packages each fish individually, ensuring they all meet the range’s premium specifications, while observing strict hygiene rules. This means we can ensure that only the very best fish reach your plate.
The journey is fast and completely safe, with the fish being preserved at 0-2oC throughout all stages of transport, reaching you in 24-48 hours!
The sea is our home!
For us, the environment and the water our fish are raised in are vital element for their health and quality.
Our fish grow in the crystal-clear water of the Ionian Sea, in carefully selected areas located far from urban centers and from any industrial or tourist activity.
We meticulously apply a water, environment and wildlife monitoring system in collaboration with Greek educational and research institutions.
In 2016, a detailed study and qualitative assessment of the seabed below Andromeda Group’s aquaculture facilities was carried out by the following labs:
- Marine Geology & Physical Oceanography Lab – Dept. of Geology / University of Patras
- Water Systems Applied Ecology Lab – Western Greece Technological Educational Institute & Fisheries & Aquaculture Lab
Andromeda Group’s core values when it comes to sustainable development include love and respect for the marine and natural environment which is our home, so that we can continue to offer top class products.
Limited quantities… Absolute freshness!
Primus Fish are available in limited quantities and are harvested daily to order, in line with demand, so that they reach the consumer’s table the same day while maintaining maximum freshness.
They are harvested by a specialist Primus team using specially designed nets that gently “embrace” the fish, so that they retain their unique characteristics intact.
From the moment of harvesting until the fish reach your fishmonger, we ensure that they are kept at ideal temperatures (0-2oC) to maintain freshness and their mouthwatering flavor!
Primus: 20 years of experience, distilled
Andromeda Group’s R&D Department is a team of experts in the aquaculture sector whose sole object is to constantly improve our production and food safety methods, and to safeguard the quality of our fish and their organoleptic characteristics.
Andromeda Group is involved in leading research, innovation and development projects in both Greece and abroad:
European research programs
Universities we have stabely cooperated with for the last 15 years
- University of Crete – Dept. of Biology
- Western Greece Technological Educational Institute of Fisheries – Aquaculture Technology
- Hellenic Centre for Marine Research (HCMR)
A government research body comprised of the Institute of Marine Biology, Biotechnology and Aquaculture, the Institute of Marine Biological Resources and Inland Water and the Institute of Oceanography.
Every Primus fish has its own ID!
During all production stages (hatching, development, selecting, packaging) to the end product’s final destination, we apply a comprehensive traceability system so we can easily and efficiently trace the identity and origin of each and every Primus fish.
At Andromeda Group, we carry out regular quality controls to ensure that consumer expectations are fully met when it comes to our products’ safety and quality.
At the outset we carefully select associates / suppliers based on non-negotiable criteria and continue to evaluate them based on those criteria over the course of our collaboration. We constantly seek to ensure that all our associates comply with the strict standards agreed.
To fully safeguard the high nutritional value and freshness of Primus fish, we only use the best packaging materials, and apply a strictly controlled cold chain, where the right temperature (0-2oC) is maintained at all times from harvest to delivery.
All procedures directly or indirectly related to the production of Andromeda’s Primus range are recorded in our Quality System which has been certified by respected international bodies.
Quality Management systems
Having been certified in accordance with the latest version of this standard, our company is proud that each and every step of the process reflects our consistency, focus on customer satisfaction, the use of all necessary administrative resources, and our “obsession” with constant and consistent improvement.
As responsible food manufacturers, we have obtained certification of our reliable, unwavering focus on food safety. The respected certification body we collaborate with, annually confirms the confidence associated with our name and our products worldwide, even in the furthest corner of the world our products are distributed to.